Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas Eve

For Christmas Eve we invited my in-laws over for dinner and to celebrate the festivities. My mother in-law had a 6:00 AM flight the next day to head to China to spend a week with Erica and Jeff before they come home. I made a large ham and tried to make my yummy home made rolls. Unfortunately I wasn't thinking straight and ending up burning the rolls! Drat! Wes then proceeded to go to 3 different stores to find some rolls to compliment our little feast. The food issues aside, it was a wonderful evening.

We ate, exchanged gifts and laughed! Adelle received from Grandma and Grandpa a my little pony bus with ponies. Adelle has been asking Santa for this toy and was quite excited. Lydia received two new Webkinz. A frog and a white cat. I got a 22" computer monitor that I just LOVE. It is super great, especially when I am working from home. Thank you Ellen! She camped out overnight at Office Depot to get this goody! Wes received a gift card to Tandy Leather and a Dress Form.

I bought Ellen a fun necklace and gave Bill and Ellen and updated family picture. The boys also got gifts from their parents since Ellen was leaving the next morning. The funniest part of the evening was that everyone was hugging each other when they received a gift and me trying to capture it on my digital camera. The Oates are generally not huggy people and I just had to have the moment. My slow camera just couldn't capture it in time! Everyone thought it was hilarious.

Wes made me a beautiful, Asian top which I just LOVE. It was actually the second one he made because the first one ended up being to small when he fit it on me, hence the request for the dress form. He isn't happy with the Simplicity Patterns right now. There actually was a skirt that he made as well, but it was too small and he hasn't had time to make another one yet.

There is a funny story to that present too. Ellen requested that I open the present on Christmas Eve so she could see the finished product. Wes handed me a present thinking it was his creation, but alas it was a sweater he was hoping to surprise me with. It hasn't been his Christmas for presents, poor guy. I absolutely adore both presents!


We then sent the girls to bed in Lydia's room and advised them to stay there so Santa could come:)

Wes and Kyle in our cozy, little living room.
Dustin, Devin and Bill.

The girls with their presents.



One of the hugging moments I couldn't quite capture. I love Ellen's expression.

Wes opening his gifts.

Bill opening his present from Ellen's mom.


Me in my new top :)

No comments: