Every year Wes' side of the family has a very large Christmas Party. Wes' Uncle is.... well let's just say they do pretty well for themselves. They are very generous. There is usually a very large food buffet with crab, shrimp, roast,
ham and a lot of sides and desserts. It isn't a night to be on a diet, but who should be at Christmas right? There is a fun game they play every year where you have to guess how many items are in a jar. This year there was a jar of Tootsie rolls, a jar of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, and a jar of colorful paper clips. The 3 people who get the closest win a prize. They also had a special jar just for the kids this year. It was filled with crayons, markers, and other drawing tools.
We didn't do to bad. I won second place on one of the jars and won a digital picture frame. Ellen won first place on the Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. She won the jar of candy and a GPS system for her car. Wes won third place and received a Movie and Dinner Gift Certificates to one of the Larry H. Miller complexes. Woo
Hoo! Date night! Lydia won third place for the kids jar and brought home a wonderful crayola pack of products. It was chalk full with a lot of fun things including scented markers and silly putty.
Ellen made the girls beautiful barbie dresses! Both Lydia and Adelle absolutely loved them!! I am quite impressed with how well they turned out! Go Ellen!
Then Wes' uncle had the yearly game of giving out Cash. That is right! Cash! He really is so generous to all of us.
It was wonderful to see family that we don't regularly get to see, especially Wes' Grandparents. They are really getting older and we cherish every moment we get with them.

Adelle in front of the Christmas Village.

I wasn't surprised to see Lydia by Rolo, the dog. She really would love a dog, but it isn't going to happen.

Adelle really wanted to ride this elaborate rocking horse. It looked expensive and I wasn't sure if it was a toy or decoration so I said "No".

Wes hanging out.

Wes' grandparents.

Wes' Parents, Bill and Ellen.

Now this is a Christmas Tree! It is probably twice as tall as our house.

Lydia winning her crayola bucket of stuff!

Ellen with the Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and GPS System.

Wes in the great Cash game.

The girls with their barbie dresses!

Devin with his new gal, and Ellen.

Wes, Kyle and Dustin. I really like this picture of the boys!
1 comment:
Sweet! Sounds like it was a fun Christmas party. Too bad Jeff and I weren't there...and hopefully the boys don't eat all the Reese's Peanut Butter Cups...
The dresses for the dolls were beautiful! Mom used to crotchet lots of Barbie dresses once upon a time. I'm glad to see she hasn't forgotten how to.
Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment