Adelle took the following pictures:
I took these pictures of everyone hanging out.

Oh, Erica did you notice how we are all sitting at tables! I talked mom into it and it was wonderful to eat this way and visit.


The food was super yummy! We started out with a veggie tray and shrimp. Ellen made turkey, candied yams, cranberry stuffing, corn, mashed potatos and gravy. I brought over two batches of rolls and Lyndi and Great Grandma C brought over Pumpkin and Apple Pie. I LOVE Pumpkin Pie!!! Ellen also bought Banana Cream Pies. I ate until I was super stuffed. I put on a few pounds, probably just from the weekend, but I have been exercising it off.
My sweet girl and her cheesy grin.
Wes took this picture of me putting the food away. Moving helped the stomach after all I ate :)
While the "grown ups" where visiting in the kitchen the boys and Adelle played Rock Band.
Wes singing his heart out! The boys even convinced me to sing a few songs like "Black Hole Sun". It used to be one of my favorite songs. I know....dark for me, but it is true.
Adelle convinced Grandpa to play Candy Land. Grandma said he should because she got the meat off the turkey. He he he! I know he enjoys playing with her.

Now this was hilarious. Adelle and Grandpa played Simpson's Chess without a board. It has gotten lost. Adelle made up the rules and of course won. At one point she said her piece could jump 3 times and jump over Grandpa's piece. She later confessed to us when we were driving home that she hadn't played by the rules. She called Grandpa on the phone and apologized. Wes and I were trying not to laugh too hard!
Oh, Erica did you notice how we are all sitting at tables! I talked mom into it and it was wonderful to eat this way and visit.
The food was super yummy! We started out with a veggie tray and shrimp. Ellen made turkey, candied yams, cranberry stuffing, corn, mashed potatos and gravy. I brought over two batches of rolls and Lyndi and Great Grandma C brought over Pumpkin and Apple Pie. I LOVE Pumpkin Pie!!! Ellen also bought Banana Cream Pies. I ate until I was super stuffed. I put on a few pounds, probably just from the weekend, but I have been exercising it off.
Now this was hilarious. Adelle and Grandpa played Simpson's Chess without a board. It has gotten lost. Adelle made up the rules and of course won. At one point she said her piece could jump 3 times and jump over Grandpa's piece. She later confessed to us when we were driving home that she hadn't played by the rules. She called Grandpa on the phone and apologized. Wes and I were trying not to laugh too hard!
We had a wonderful time spending the day with the family! Thank you!
1 comment:
I love "Black Hole Sun"--it's a great song to listen to when you're not in a particularly good mood. I love to sing it on Rockband. Jeff and I wish we could've been there. It looks like you lot had a swinging time! I can't believe you actually ate at a table! Very bizarre. But it looked nice.
Adelle's getting to be quite the photographer. Though, I think the last time she took a picture of Kyle with my camera, she cut off the top of his head as well...hmmm... It's cute that she apologized to Dad for cheating. She's never apologized to me for cheating with chess... Which is fine.
Wish I could've been there!
Post a Comment