and I don't mean just a little crush. This is one of those BIG crushes! Sure there have been boys interested in Lydia before. In first grade Lydia was picked on by a lot by boys, we spoke to the teacher and she said it was because Lydia had such a pretty face.
Last year one boy kept chasing her and her best friend. He would try and grab the girls, hold them down and kiss them. Needless to say the principle and the parents had to get involved.
This crush is different though. He is a boy in our ward and I saw him last night when I want to the Cub Scout Pack Meeting. I am currently serving in the Cub Scouts if you're not aware. Anyway the boy comes up to me and says "Can I date Lydia, when I am 16"? I advise him that when he is 16 he can ask her himself. This boy is quite smart, says right what is on his mind, and VERY hyperactive!
Later in the evening the boys were making Christmas cards and this boy wanted to make a card just for Lydia. He proceeds to draw himself and Lydia standing under mistletoe. The boy asks me if I know what it means when two people stand under the mistletoe. He tells me that he is drawing what their house will look like when they are married. He asks me what her favorite color is. I tell him I'm not sure. He thinks it has to be pink and he proceeds to decorate the front of the card with pink and blue puff balls because his favorite color is blue and her favorite color must be pink. He says it has to be a perfect card.
He then asks"Does Lydia talk about me"? I say "Well, she says you are in her primary class". He is excited that Lydia has spoken about him before. He gives me the card and asks if I will give it to her. I say I will.
As we are cleaning up for the evening. He comes up to me and asks "Do you think Lydia will have a crush on me after she gets the card". I say "I don't know". So I take the handmade, puff adorned, wet with glue card home with me. I am just laughing all the way home in the car, and by laughing I mean cracking up, laughing out loud until my stomach is hurting.
I bring the card home to Lydia. She doesn't freak out. She is aware that this boy has a crush on her and even tells me that he whispers in her ear during primary class that he wants to marry her some day.
I am hesitant to ask, but I do ask "So..what do you think about (the boy)"? She says that they are "friends". I am going to have to keep an eye on my girl and the boys around her. Does it really start this early? Thinking back to my own childhood I guess it does! Wish me luck
5 comments:
Hmmm....maybe I need to have a talk with this boy. :)
I told Lydia she couldn't date until she is 30 so I think we're safe.
Sydney is not interested in boys at all. Kind of like I was at her age. I got so annoyed with friends in elementary who had "crushes" on each other or who got "married" at recess.
Sounds like Lydia is doing a good job of keeping the boys at bay...
That's so cute! And kind of creepy... He really seems to like Lydia. Which is easy to do. Lydia is an amazing girl, and she is very pretty.
I wonder if she likes him back or not...she's very quiet when it comes to who she likes. Give her a hug from me!
ok that is cute and hilarious. that kid must have older brothers or something coaching him. too funny! if it gets too wierd I guess its never too early for a restraining order;) haha.
Don't worry until she stays out past 8:00 p.m. or he makes her a macaroni necklace that she won't take off. ... julie
Post a Comment