

So is it still called PDA (public displays of affection) when it is on a blog? Maybe it is BDA (blogging displays of affection). Valentine's Day if fast approaching and I can't wait. Valentine's honestly is a little bit of a silly holiday. I mean, what are we really celebrating? Too many men and yes even women fall into the trap of buying silly trinkets to give to their loved one. We really should express our love and affection every day of the year. That said though, it is a wonderful excuse to reserve a room at a Bed and Breakfast and get away for the night. We used to go to a Bed and Breakfast every 6 months. It is a fun tradition that started 6 months after we were married. You see with our wedding anniversary being August 16 Valentine's Day is almost 6 months after that. It works out well.
We enjoy finding new places to stay and rarely stay the same place twice. Life is just to short! One of our favorite areas is Midway. There are several B&Bs there. It is a gorgeous little valley not far from Park City. Our favorite B&B in Midway has raised their prices to astronomical levels and so we will probably never stay there again. I highly recommend the B&B experience! There is a great site, http://www.bbiu.org/, that lists a lot of the bed and breakfasts in Utah. Check it out! They are so quaint and personal and it is so entirely different from just staying in a hotel.
I think we are starting to exhaust places we haven't been at this point. We haven't been down to Southern Utah though. Perhaps we will have to head down there sometime. Honestly, the next place I would love to get away with Wes would be back to Seattle, Washington. I would love to visit some of our old romantic spots! From Snoqualmie Falls, to the Pike's Place Market, to the piers.
We haven't been to a Bed and Breakfast for a year now and I am really looking forward to the time away with my love. We will be heading down to Logan tomorrow afternoon. I was watching the news last night and they said there will be a snow storm. Hopefully the roads will still be safe. Perhaps we will get snowed in :) Our room does have a fireplace so that would be wonderfully cozy! As long as we make it there first!
Adelle has been counting down the days for her sleepover with her Aunt Erica. She is super excited. It will be good for her to get to spend some time with her, especially because she will be leaving on an LDS mission sometime soon. The four months away from her when she was in China was difficult, so hopefully we will make it through this absence! Lydia had her own sleepover with Erica last weekend because she will be flying out to see her Dad, Erin and Kaitlyn tonight and will be staying until Monday. We will miss her, but I am sure she will have a lot of fun.
I hope all of you have a wonderful Valentine's Day! If you have a loved one, pull them close and enjoy their company. If you don't have a special one in your life, well take some time to spoil yourself. You deserve it!
3 comments:
Ew, kissing! EWWW!!!
Have a fun time in Logan. Im sure it will be just wonderful for both of you.
I agree 100%, why wait for 1 day a year to show your loved ones that they are loved. take time to do something enjoyable with them and show love every day of the year.
We have the same anniversary!! We also LOVE to go to B&B's but haven't been TOO much... Have fun!! Oh and its crazy that you had Frank as a coach!! He was quite the teacher!!
Post a Comment