Last night my sister Sarah and I got together with some dear, old friends. Michelle and Lisa. These wonderful girls lived down the street from us growing up and we became best friends pretty quickly. There were endless summers of sleepovers, back yard adventures, and movie making bliss. Michelle and Lisa moved away when I was 12 and Sarah and I were so sad to see them go. We really were almost inseparable at times! Thanks to Facebook we found each other again! Michelle and her husband Ben actually were in China with Jeff and Erica as well. What a small world we live in.
It was so wonderful to have everyone over at my house to enjoy pancakes and to laugh about old times. Michelle even brought some old home videos. I was laughing so hard I was crying. Lydia sure got a kick of seeing me about her age putting on fashion shows and yes, even picking my nose on camera.

Lisa brought her oldest daughter Allison. Adelle has absolutely fallen in love with her. She keeps asking when they can have a play date and has informed us that she is her new best friend!
Hopefully we will be able to have a lot more get togethers. I don't want years to pass by again without seeing these wonderful, dear friends! I am so glad I found them.
4 comments:
isn't michelle gorgeous? I was so excited when she appeared on facebook. so fun for you guys!
I remember Lisa. I didn't know youguys lived on the same street. Love that facebook gets us in contact with everyone!
I agree I just can't stop thinking about last night and how fun and special it really was. It honestly seemed like it wasn't very long ago that we hung out when we were little, we had some great times. I for sure want to do it again. Lisa said next time we can all go up to her house in Layton.
When you have a true friend, you can always, always pick up where you left off. There is nothing like filling your cup spending time with friends. ... julie
Post a Comment