Anywho, I check out, head home and announce to my husband that I will be locking myself in the bathroom for the next 30 minutes. He looks super alarmed and demands to know what I am doing. I casually remark that I am dying my hair red. He looks..well..dismayed. "I like you just the way you are". I bring up that years ago he loved it when I dyed my hair red. He says well that was seven years ago. He then proceeds to say that it is my hair and I can do whatever I want with it. He also remarks that I shouldn't try to change my appearance to please him.
Well I still decide to dye my hair thinking "he'll love it and I'll love it". I go through the painstaking process of putting goopy die all through my hair. I am wiping up little spills as necessary in my stark white bathroom. I head into the shower to rinse it out and to condition. I come out put my hair in a towel and proceed to head to the bedroom for the blow dry. I sit there blow drying my hair wondering what color it is going to turn when it is completely dry. I look in the mirror for the "moment of truth". It is very Red. Darker than I expected, but I think to myself "it is pretty". Red has always brought out a nice color in my complexion. I go to put my pink shirt back on. "Nope! That won't work". Pink is now out of the wardrobe, if I ever had any sort of wardrobe to begin with. The color completely clashes with my hair now.
Now I know that hair dye fades quite a bit. I used a semi-permanent dye as well so I know it will probably fade even quicker, but right now here it is surrounding my face just as stark as can be.
So I timidly go downstairs and open the door for Wes' reaction. He gets a look on his face that I can't quite explain. He says he likes it, but his expression isn't matching those words. Honestly, I think he misses my hair. Drat! Why can't I leave well enough alone! Maybe we'll get used to it? Oh and the girls keep looking at me and Lydia said "I wonder what you would look like in the sun". I just said "bright".
Anyway, here are a few pictures for your viewing pleasure.



8 comments:
It looks great Liz!!! My hubby said the same thing when I dyed mine and it turned out different than we expected. But as it fade he started to really like it.
Ah, brings back Dancing Princesses memories
I love it Liz! It makes the color of your eyes pop.
I love it too!! I agree with Steph, it makes your eyes POP!
I think it looks really cute. It's so fun to do different stuff with your hair huh? I've had every hair color in the book, well almost.
I dyed my hair once - the same color (well, it was really one of those six-week washes). I don't even know if I'll be able to dye it when I start going gray. I'm so pathetic.
By the way - I like the red hair on you.
I Love it...but then I am a red head
Thanks everyone for your comments! My hair has faded nicely to a more "natural" color and I absolutely love it. Everyone else in the family likes it as well. It is fun to branch out once in a while and try something new.
Post a Comment