The house is really quiet now. The only child presence is little Violet jumping around. Kindergarten does only last 3 hours though, so I am sure the quiet won't last long.
Monday, August 31, 2009
Adelle's First Day of Kindergarten!
Well, the day has finally come! It is Adelle's first day of Kindergarten. She chose her own clothes and didn't want much done to her hair. She did request some small braids which I then clipped back. She has been nervous at times, but this morning she wasn't nervous at all. She slept with an old bear of mine and she said that helped her a lot. She was pretty insistent at first that she only wanted Daddy to drop her off. I think it's because he is usually the one to take the girls to school, but then she agreed I could come along. I think she just wanted to stick to the routine. 

Lydia was nervous for Adelle. She said she actually had butterflies! Lydia hung out with us by the Kindergarten door for a little while, but then she decided to go hang out with her friends. She just sort of flitted away before we realized it. Adelle really wanted to play on the playground before lining up, but we thought for the first day we should just focus on lining up. Right away she started talking to other kids and trying to make friends. She is such a social butterfly.
Isn't this a fun picture of Adelle and Wes hanging out. They look so much alike. There were a few kids crying and one boy was about to lose it, but not my little Adelle. She went right in, excited as could be! She waved goodbye and was off to begin her education. I didn't cry either. I am excited for her and know that she is absolutely going to love it. We met with her teacher last week and she seems super nice!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
She looks so cute! Jonah was so disappointed that she's not in his class. when he found out that Elle is his class he asked if Adelle was in his class too. He wasn't too happy with him when I told him no.
She does look a lot like Wes. Cute pictures!
Post a Comment