Saturday, August 7, 2010

The 24th of July




We had another party for the 24th of July (Pioneer day here in Utah). My sister, her husband, her son and my brother were even able to make it out as well. Of course I again didn't think of pulling out the camera until later. Go me! We didn't have the fire pit out this time because it was super hot. We hung out, ate, talked and even threw a blow up ball around at each other while making up our own wacky rules. We enjoyed being silly.

My awesome brother in law even discovered that we have wild garlic growing on our property. We always wondered what it was. I am planning to pull all the plants before fall and dry the garlic so I can have my own special garlic for months.

We watched fireworks again, but this time Violet wasn't as pleased with them. She would cry after the loud whistling ones. It was great to have Lydia with us. It is strange to think that summer is winding down and in just a few weeks the girls will be back in school.

No comments: