Monday, August 2, 2010

Where Have I been...

I admit it. I'm a month behind on my blog. Even though I posted just a few days ago the post is from events that took place more than a month ago. I still have to blog the 4th and the 24th and a couple of things in between. If you've been worried about me...which honestly you probably haven't been, but just in case...this is what has been going on.

#1 My computer is SPECIAL. Special as in it keeps shutting itself off and claiming that it is dumping all physical memory. Wes is hoping he has mostly fixed the problem by permanently keeping the computer fan running at high speed.

#2 I got a new position at work and things have been very hectic and crazy. It began by spending days in the office, which meant for busier days and evenings. When I did manage to get home again I started to work later and later hours. Our department is behind and I am trying the best I can to help out. Tuesdays and Thursdays are the busiest due to "check run" days. Don't ask.

#3 My calling as Cubmaster and Unit Committee Chair has kept me very busy some weeks! I am amazed sometimes the hours that are put into my calling.

#4 I have began reading again, like crazy. Almost every night you will find me reading a book. I hadn't read much in ages and now suddenly I can't put books down. I have often been wary of choosing books from the library unless they were classics or meant for kids books like "Harry Potter". I've had lots of bad experiences getting books which end up with indecent amounts of material. I have mainly been focused on books from the Reader's Choice category. I have been posting my ballots at the library and it has been fun. These have been my votes so far.

Physik Book of Deliverance Dane-Pretty good.
Major Pettigrew's Last Stand-I really liked this one.
Jane Bites Back-Didn't like it! This book was about Jane Austen Still being alive as a vampire, trying to get her last book published. I thought "hey, maybe it will be silly but fun". Wrong! Avoid this one. I made it half way through before I put this one down in disgust. I am doubtful if a man can ever write a woman properly. This author seemed to gravitate too much around physical encounters as well.
The State of the Onion-This book is actually a past Reader's Choice Winner. It was a fun one.
Something Missing-This book was one of my favorites by far! It is about a thief with OCD tendencies, but not just any thief. This man will only take something from his long time "client" that they would never notice being gone such as a bar of soap or that extra can of soup on the shelf, but when he decides to help a client with their life things start getting much less organized.

#5 Violet requires entertaining in the evenings. She is at that age where she is tyring to get around and can get into trouble by bumping her head on the computer chair leg, or by grabbing something she shouldn't have. She also gets cranky pretty easy right now. It may have something to do with the prospect of new teeth and the extremely hot weather recently. Also, she really isn't a fan of hanging out in the play pen after she's spent some time in it during the day. Really...who can blame the girl. She loves to be outside though so I am finding myself out there more and more.

I know I need to get caught up with the blog. I am hoping to soon....I think. The new camera is wonderful, but it does have larger picture files so uploading to the blog has become much more time consuming. I just need to buckle down and do it. At least I got the whole big vacation blogged...right?

1 comment:

Mahatma said...

You are one productive lady! ...j