Sunday, August 29, 2010
School Days
Both of my girls were excited to start school this year. Adelle is going to a different school than last year and she gets to take the bus! Even though she is on the bus for almost an hour she absolutely loves it!! She is quite the social child so the she enjoys visiting with her friends. Whenever I ask her how school went she says she can't remember. After coaxing her I usually get the most information about lunch and recess. She says her class if fun though. She gets a new "job" every week and her teacher sends her home with fun projects every so often. The first project we had was to find a pattern in our home or yard. She was even sent home with a disposable camera so we could take a picture of it. We bent the assignment a little and decided to go for a walk where we found the yellow and blue pattern of the high school track. I am excited that Adelle is enjoying school this year and that she isn't bored.
Lydia is a 6th grader if you can believe it! She is quite grown up and mature. She has the same home room teacher as last year which helped with the beginning of school anxiety. She really likes her teacher and was especially glad she also has her for math and even for science currently. She has decided to take Violin lessons again this year. The only problems we've had so far is with some of the social issues with certain girls. Why can girls of this age be so mean at times? Lydia and I have had a lot of good discussions and I've given her lots of hugs. I remind her of how much we love and appreciate her. I know it probably isn't quite the same. I think she will rise above everything that is happening though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Awesome!
Elle would not do well on a bus for an hour, I'm glad Adelle does!
They look Darling!
Yay for first grade huh?! (no I'm still not liking it!)
I can't believe how old our kids are getting! Aren't we still 17 years old?
Your girls are all darling! Love seeing the pictures.
Both Lydia and Adelle are great girls and are fortunate to have you for a mom. ...j
Post a Comment