Last night the family and I walked to the post office to drop off mail and then we stayed out later than usual at the park enjoying the local Night Out Against Crime. We'd had a really fun time even though it was super hot outside. We got to see some really fascinating things including how police dogs are trained and a police helicopter taking off. We even enjoyed some prizes and free food.
When we got home we needed to get things moving for bed though. It was my turn to give Violet a bath. I laid her down on the changing table and leaned over to her clothes basket to get a onesie for after the bath. Out of the corner of my eye I saw her falling off the table. I don't know how I did it but I reached out and managed to stop her fall by grabbing one of her legs. I pulled her up to me just holding that one leg. I couldn't believe it! She was safe. I thought for sure Violet would protest or cry at the shock of almost falling on her head. I thought maybe she would cry since I grabbed her leg so forcefully. She didn't make a peep and didn't seem phased at all. In fact I couldn't see any injuries except for a small red mark on her leg.
I am so grateful she is safe. I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father that helps us! I can't imagine what could have happened if I hadn't noticed or been quick enough to save my little girl. I am going to have to be more careful with her from now on. First diaper change this morning the straps on the changing table where out and she was buckled in!
3 comments:
so glad your family had a nice outing, and that Violet is safe and sound. So grateful for your quick reflexes. :)
Thanks Ginny!
Phew! That was a close one! Once they get mobile and so wiggly, the straps are a must. Glad she's okay!
Post a Comment