Violet is about 7 1/2 months old now. I think she is entering a difficult stage and I hope she survives. She has become a hazard to her own health. She rolled off the changing table the other day, which you can read about a few posts back. She can sit up all by herself and can pull herself to a sitting position. She can also throw herself back to the floor and hit her head. We are constantly keeping an eye on her. She can't crawl yet, but she can get almost anywhere by rolling.
She doesn't seem as happy as usual either. It may be due to her front teeth which I can see bulging in her gums. It can't feel good. She often grows impatient. I find moments of calm with her when we sit outside and listen to the birds and watch the dragonflies zooming around. She no longer likes baths for whatever reason and I'm really hoping she learns to enjoy them again.
Violet loves to discover new foods and we have found her absolute favorite food right now is fish. Tilapia to be precise. I gave her a nibble the other night and she couldn't get enough so she has had it for three nights straight. She also enjoyed sucking on grapes which were fresh off the vine in our backyard. It was pretty funny when she got a slightly sour one.
She usually naps and sleeps well in her crib. She loves to suck on and snuggle a fuzzy bear blanket that my sister brought to the hospital when Violet was born. I am often washing him though because he quickly becomes smelly after all of the milky drool.
Adelle and Lydia can get Violet to laugh more than anyone else. I have found some ticklish spots under her arms, chin, and even on her little thighs. She has a great laugh. It is very loud.
I love quiet moments with her when she is eating and resting in my arms. There are times when she'll let me nuzzle close to her face and kiss her over and over. She will smile and babble.
She loves earrings. Whenever Lydia and I are wearing them she will grab our chins and push our head to the side so she can grab at them. She once grabbed and bent one right out of my ear.
Despite the less than happy disposition, it is wonderful to have our little Vi Vi. I can't believe how much she is growing and changing every day.
1 comment:
I can't believe how big Violet has gotten! And she's so unbelievably adorable! Good Job and having and raising such cute kids.
Post a Comment