Sunday, August 29, 2010

Condemned Gingerbread House

Every Christmas Season we buy a gingerbread house. This past year was no exception. We bought a gingerbread house kit, put on top of the fridge unopened, and there it has sat until just a few weeks ago. We were so busy getting ready for Violet that the poor house never got made. We were running out of sweets in the house, and unfortunately I am addicted to sugar in my own way. Anyway, I opened the kit and grabbed a few pieces of candy. Then Adelle and I ate the two gingerbread men that come with the kit. Wes claimed half of the gingerbread Christmas tree, when Adelle pleaded and begged to make the gingerbread house. Wes was hungry for it and so we worked quickly so our pieces wouldn't get eaten. Lydia was out of town at her dad's so she missed out on the fun and mayhem.
We got our four walls together and the roof in place. We began the process of loading the house with thick frosting and candy.
Before long though the walls began to shift and the roof collapsed. Our poor house. That is when Adelle decided that daddy had the right idea after all. Eat the house, don't worry about building it.

So bit by bit we have eaten the house. Have you ever had gingerbread in summer? It is pretty good :)

2 comments:

Mahatma said...

It's all about enjoying the journey and trips are no fun without snacks along the way. ...j

The Barnum Family said...

I love that! I think Wes definitely had the right idea on this one.