
Lydia's first day of school was Monday. She is now in 4
th grade! Wow she is growing up. She already loves her new teacher. The second day of school she came home with a can of soda from her teacher that had a little saying taped to it. It said "You CAN do it". What kid doesn't love free soda, especially when you don't get it at home. She really hasn't been coming home with homework either. The teacher gave her a link to a website to practice typing and to play math games. She LOVES that! I haven't figured out yet if it is required homework or optional. I'll have to ask her when parent teacher
conferences come up. Lydia's best friend, Carly, isn't in the same class this year, but they have a special meeting place at recesses so they can see
each other. She is having hot lunch again this year. Every day she lets me know if she had a fruit and
vegetable (it is required). Of course she always chooses chocolate milk :) How I love my girl!
Lydia has started reading again like CRAZY. She has started reading "
Inkheart" again by Cornelia
Funke. She has already read the book before, but it is one of her favorites. I would recommend the story myself. We also have started reading "Little Women" together. She understands the book and is really enjoying it. I recently finished the book on my own and it has become one of my all time favorites. I hope she enjoys it as well.
With school starting that means fall is right around the corner. Drat! Summer is my favorite season. It also means less time in the evening for family exercising.
1 comment:
Woo! Go Lydia! Give her a big hug for me. I can't believe she's in fourth grade either. Where has the time gone? I'm glad she likes her teacher so far--I would, if I got soda.
Post a Comment