Well I can't believe it, but we only have 7 shows left until Seven Brides for Seven Brothers ends. Ticket sales are going well and we have been enjoying playing to full houses. If you haven't seen us yet we'd love to have you join us! Go to http://www.empresstheatre.com/ and click on the buy tickets online link.
It really has been a fun show for all of us. It has been the most challenging show that I've ever done. I have learned a lot and have been humbled. I think I am gaining confidence as time goes by. It has been wonderful to have all of us involved. Wes does great in his part. One day I really hope he can enjoy a larger role. I think he is just getting better as time goes by.
The girls have smaller roles in the show but it is so cute to see them dancing on the stairs during the challenge dance. The other night Adelle said "I kicked so high I almost kicked the audience". I think our girls have a lot of maturity for their ages. We haven't had any problems with Adelle trying to talk to audience members or run off. She seems to have a pretty good grasp of what a play is all about. I hope all of this will be a good experience for them. I wish I had been exposed to theatre when I was their age.
Thank you to everyone who has come and seen the show. It is so wonderful to have people that we know there. Some of you have even come more than one and we can't thank you enough for your support! We really love the Empress Theatre and the full houses really helps them out in their goals and helps keep the theatre running. I would be so sad if it ever had to close its doors. I hope she will be around for a long time for many people to enjoy.
It is so neat when people greet the cast at the end of the night and they say "This is my first time at the Empress. I will come back and see another show for sure!". I want to thank all of the people who donate so much time, energy and money to making the theatre a success! Thank you!!! Some people have made great personal sacrifices and we will never be able to say thank you enough for everything that you do!
1 comment:
Liz,
As long as the Empress Theatre has people like you around, her doors will stay open.
Post a Comment