
This picture was taken just a few months after I had met my goal to lose 40 pounds. Actually my original goal was 30, but I kept losing and was happy with the 40 lb loss.
This silly picture was taken a few months back at rehearsals for the Tribute concert. It was one of the only full body pictures I could find.
How did I lose all the weight. I found a free web site call Sparkpeople.com. The great thing about the site is it just teaches you how to be HEALTHY. There was no crash dieting, just good old fashioned exercise and eating right. It has wonderful trackers to keep you..well..on track. My biggest problem was that I was eating way more than I needed. Your body will lose weight if you eat less calories than what you are burning. Now that said. There is a healthy range of calories. You should never go too low or your body won't lose anything. It will just hold onto everything because it will think you are going to starve.It taught me healthy habits and got me excited to take care of myself. Now with all of that said...I have been giving in more and more to unhealthy foods recently and I have decided that has got to stop. No more snacking 5 times after dinner. I need to be healthier not only to maintain my weight loss, but to prolong my life and keep myself around longer for my family. I wasn't kidding when I said that there are a lot of health problems in my genes. I am bound to beat the odds and I know I can if I can by healthy.
2 comments:
I remember when I was young and very athletic and wore a size five that I would see normal mom's who put some weight after having babies and think to myself "that's not going to happen to me because I exercise and eat healthy."
I think we all eat our words now or later...
Thanks for sharing your pictures - it motivates me! I easily lost the initial 25-30 pounds right after having baby #2 but it's these last 10-15 pounds that are the worst!
Wow!! You just gave me the motivation that I needed..... I am sad to say I'm 15 lbs HEAVIER than the day I had my baby, who is now 2.... and I lost 35 lbs after he was born....
Thanks for posting pictures, I know I HATE having my picture taken right now....
Post a Comment