Monday, April 13, 2009

Colored Eggs

Before I get into this post I have to share with you this cartoon. My step-mother sent Wes and I this humorous card. It made me laugh! Saturday night Adelle and I decided to dye some eggs. We only dyed 8 since Lydia wasn't there to share in the fun. She was with her father this weekend. After the long process of boiling the eggs we covered the table in paper towels and got our dyes ready. By the way, did you know that the pink tablet isn't supposed to be combined with vinegar, or in our case lemon juice. It separates out all funny. Just and FYI in case you are dying eggs any time soon. I can't imagine you would be since Easter is over.
Adelle didn't want much help at all this year. She was determined to do it by herself. She did a pretty good job. We had one mishap when I was trying to get the egg out of the blue dye for her. Suddenly the egg fell of the egg holder and dropped quickly back into the blue dye splattering it all over Adelle. That reminds me, I haven't stain treated her shirt yet. Drat!

Here is our egg line up, well a few of them anyway. Do you see the speckled one? That was made thanks to our separated pink tablet. It did create a nice effect. Our egg dying kit came with stickers and Adelle decided to use every last one on the 8 eggs! It was a sticker wonderland. Grandma Ellen was visiting and Adelle even shared one of her eggs with her. The funny thing is we have eaten all but one of them already! Maybe we will have to make some more hard boiled eggs. What can I say, the girls in the family LOVE eggs!

No comments: