Monday, April 13, 2009

Is the Easter Bunny Fair?

The Easter Bunny has always been very "fair" in my opinion. He always leaves the same amount of eggs for the girls, the same chocolate bunny for each of them and similar added items. Since Lydia wasn't going to come home until Sunday night the Easter Bunny decided to put Lydia's eggs straight into her basket instead of hiding them. Adelle's were hidden around the living room by a taller than usual Easter Bunny. It was his first year hiding the eggs, and lets just say he hid them in harder to find spots.

Adelle always seems to wake up earlier than everyone else in the family. Sunday was no exception. I came out groggy eyed into the living room to find that Lydia's eggs where missing. I asked Adelle what had happened to the eggs in Lydia's basket. Adelle suddenly bursts into tears and explains that Lydia had more eggs than her. She said that there were hardly any hidden for her at all, so she decided to hide all the eggs! *Sigh* I then explain that I am sure the Easter Bunny gave each of them the same amount of eggs. I kindly ask her to find all of Lydia's eggs and to put them back in her basket. You've got to love her! Once that was accomplished Adelle woke up Wes so he could watch her find the eggs. I thought it might be a good idea since I knew he would have a better idea where they were all hidden.
She did manage to find all 16 of her eggs. She counted just to make sure. She was soothed to know that the Easter Bunny is fair after all.

The girls also got other goodies. Adelle got a Curious George "easy to read" book. Her reading is coming right along recently. She got a very large, crispy, chocolate bunny. She also got Easter puzzles, which by the way don't like to lay very flat and don't go together well. Adelle asked why the Easter Bunny would give her puzzles that don't go together well. Perhaps the Easter Bunny was trying to save money and didn't realize that the puzzles would be so defective!
Lydia got the second book in the Fablehaven series, which she was super excited about, a crispy, chocolate bunny as well, and a word search book which she was less than thrilled about. The tall Easter Bunny thought Lydia might be offended to receive 24 piece Easter Puzzles. Oh well!


1 comment:

S.R. Braddy said...

I want one of those crispy bunnies now. Seriously.