Monday, April 6, 2009

Grounded? How about Scrabble?

I came home today to find Adelle officially grounded from playing outside. She didn't listen when advised to stay in our yard. She decided to go next door to play with a cute, little girl. Adelle is my social one, but still she broke the rule and so now she can't play outside today or tomorrow. With it being such fine weather it would have been wonderful to go on a family walk, but with Adelle being grounded that was out of the question. Instead we decided to play Scrabble together as a family. Adelle rotated what team she wanted to be on. Wes and I used to play Scrabble a lot in the past. We are very competitive when it comes to board games so we don't often play them anymore. It was fun to involve the girls though. Lydia actually did well for her first time playing. I am proud to announce that I won too. Woo Hoo! That was even after I took over Wes' letters that he was tired of. He was holding a Z, Q and W in the last part of the game.
The whole evening when awry when Wes decided to crumple up the scores and launch them across the room at our heads! Yes, you can imagine what happened next. A full blown paper ball fight! I retreated for most of it to supervise Adelle's bath.


This is what I came back to. Pure mayhem! Ah, the joys of "family night". Honestly it was a lot of fun to laugh uncontrollably at the silliness that surrounds me. Of course I am never silly myself!

1 comment:

Stephanie Behling said...

Have you ever played Speed Scrabble? Fun alternative!