
Remember that I skipped out on work yesterday? So I totally packed my day with stuff. The girls and I planted the garden, we walked to the library and back, and I even did some laundry. Well I decided to do a few more things. I decided that Adelle and I would go to a bookstore in Jordan Commons. I put a book on hold at the library and have really been wanting to read it, but I think it is going to be weeks before it will be my turn to get it. I was tired of waiting and decided I would go buy it.
Adelle and I, armed with birthday money drove down to the bookstore. Everything was going well until I turned into the parking lot. There was a small amount of steam or smoke. I turned of the car and my car gushed all of its coolant out of the bottom of the car. I swear it just vomited it out! I calmly called Wes and well, he was less than happy, to his credit though when he arrived he was calm as well. He drives out with Lydia and we decide to take it to the dealership repair shop on 106th south and State. It didn't overheat at all at first, but then sure enough the little meter hand moves into the red. I pull over and Wes pulls over in his car. I jump into his car and we drive around trying to find an place that carries red antifreeze. That is right boys and girls, my car only takes Red antifreeze.
We can't find a place so we head back to my car and turn it back on. It has cooled down a bit so we decide to start heading to the dealership. We make it a little ways and then it starts overheating again. I park it and we again drive around in Wes' car trying to find a store that sells Red antifreeze. No luck. We decide to eat dinner at Wendy's instead. Can I tell you...I have never seen my girls eat so much in such a small amount of time. Myself and the girls were starving after working in the garden and walking to the library. We had eaten lunch earlier, but will all the extra physical exertion we are just famished.
We head back to my car and start the journey again. Sure enough it goes into the red, but I am two minutes away. I make it to the dealership and drop off the car. They said that they will look at it today. I really hope that it isn't anything major. It appears that it leaked right by the coolant tank and not the engine, but we'll see. Cars are never fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment