In the Summer of 2006 we camped on the Oregon coast with Wes' family. Wes had a wonderful idea to rent a boat one afternoon in Netarts Bay. The friendly folks at the Marina advised us for just a little bit more money we could rent some crab rings and try our luck at catching some crawly crabs. It am sure it was hilarious to see our little family trying to catch crabs. We would quickly pull up our crab rings from the bottom of the bay and deposit our loot at the bottom of our boat. The girls at time would start screaming at the top of their lungs because the little crabs would start moving their way. Wes and I would carefully measure the crabs to make sure they were big enough and then put them in a bucket. At one point I accidentally flung one of the crabs onto Wes' lap. The poor guy! He wasn't injured though. It was so much fun though to be out together in the bay trying to manage the boat and catch the crabs. It was challenging, funny, and a whole lot of FUN! We saw seals basking on the sand bars and even caught a bright, pink starfish, which of course was thrown back.
We ended up catching 12 Red Rock Crabs and 1 Dungeness. The Netarts Bay Marina steamed up the crabs in a giant pot and then Wes and I cleaned them up. We took them back to camp to share them with all the family. If you have never had FRESH crab I highly recommend it! There is nothing like it in the world!
Since we will be vacationing close to Netarts Bay again the summer we are already planning on going crab fishing again. I can't wait to be out there in the boat again with my family on our own little adventure by the sea.
Since we will be vacationing close to Netarts Bay again the summer we are already planning on going crab fishing again. I can't wait to be out there in the boat again with my family on our own little adventure by the sea.
2 comments:
Sounds like so much fun! Nate's family went to Oregon for the summers when he was growing up. He's told me all kinds of stories about crabbing. We haven't tried it together yet though.
BTW, I LOVE your new header! It is so stinkin' cute~!
the collage pictures of your family at the top of the page is sooooo cute!!
Post a Comment