I am reminded this morning about how grateful I am for prayer. I was trying to decide if I should do something and knew I should take it to Heavenly Father in prayer. It is probably a small decision in the grand scheme of my life, but it was important to me that I make the right decision for me and for my family. I am reminded of 2 Nephi 32:9 in the Book of Mormon which states "But behold, I say unto you that ye must pray always, and not faint; that ye must not perform any thing unto the Lord save in the first place ye shall pray unto the Father in the name of Christ, that he will consecrate thy performance unto thee, that thy performance may be for the welfare of thy soul".
I first studied out the issue in my mind and came to my own decision and then brought my decision to my Heavenly Father in prayer. I felt directed and inspired that in fact my decision was not the right one. Images and thoughts came to mind that helped me know why it would not be the best decision for me and my family. A sweet, comforting spirit accompanied the thoughts and images which made me feel at peace.
I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father that would take time to answer my prayer, even though it is a small thing. It means everything to me and reminds me that I am a beloved daughter of God.
3 comments:
What a sweet reminder of the importance of including the Lord's will in all of our decisions. Love you.
Yep, Heavenly Father is always there to help us huh? I looked on your dad's link and wow I didn't realize how much he really has done, wow!! he has quite the resume with his music, that's awesome
Thanks for the great spiritual post! I have been trying to concentrate on my daily prayers, personal and family. I have noticed blessings from just keeping that one commandment.
Post a Comment