Friday, April 17, 2009

Mama Mia! That's a yummy sauce!

So what do you get when you combine a giant can of tomato sauce, 24 ounces of mushrooms, 6 pounds of Italian sausage, 5 cans of tomato paste, 7 cans Italian stewed tomatoes, 1 onion, 6 cloves of garlic, and special seasoning? My special home made spaghetti sauce. I grew up on the yummiest home made spaghetti sauce as a kid. My mother was a wonderful cook and I was spoiled with wonderful food. For a few years now I have made my own special brand of sauce and we all love it around here. Wednesday night, despite my cold, I got out my GIANT stock pot and with my family's help I made a big batch. We had spaghetti that evening and the rest was put in the freezer for later. We now have 9 meals worth of sauce. Yeah! It is great to pull out on a busy night, which is often thanks to me working.

The only bad thing was I made a lot of dirty dishes. The good thing was Wes did them. I love him!


Ahh the comforts of home.

No comments: